Vilnius In Lithuania, Providing Massive Opportunities For Blockchain Startups
Europe’s first international Blockchain Centre launched its operations in Vilnius – the capital of Lithuania. The launch attracted entrepreneurs, investors, key decision-makers and experts from around the world. It is the first facility of its kind on the continent. The global network of Blockchain Centres includes Melbourne, Shanghai, and now, Vilnius. It is a not-for-profit knowledge-hub, co-working space and incubator for blockchain technology companies.
Vilnius, offers the following advantages to companies seeking to establish their operations in the city;
- Gateway for global blockchain industry – EU’s only hub for the digital ledger
- Trending crypto area – In 2017 Lithuania logged 35 ICOs ranging from $3M-$151M, raising a total of $500M in value. The highest ICO per capita in the world!
- A new regulatory “sandbox” for blockchain startups – The platform will contribute to the creation of better conditions for the development of businesses
- Blockchain Centre Vilnius – First international centre in Europe for education and development of decentralized technologies
Today Lithuania can offer a globally represented blockchain hub and enabling regulatory environment. It goes along the overall positive attitude of the European Union institutions, which are ready to embrace the technology.
– Antanas Guoga, Member of the European Parliament, founder of Blockchain Centre Vilnius
With lightning-fast speed of internet, intelligent and talented workforce, low taxes for business, government support, favorable environment for blockchain and one of the most innovative economies in the world- the Vilnius startup scene second to none. There is a growing recognition in Europe that Lithuania has gained an edge in financial and digital innovation.