Start a Blockchain powered Image Sharing platform
If starting a powerful Image sharing platform like Pinterest was on your mind, You now can use the highly efficient and quick to scale blockchain technology, at a fraction of the cost.
Did you know? On platforms like Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, more than 3 million images are shared every minute. Starting an Image sharing platform on a blockchain would save costs massively when it comes to usage of bandwidth and storage space by the platform. Building over a blockchain that has its own cryptocurrency would allow everyone using the platform to make money. You could pay people with the platform’s cryptocurrency for engaging with an article, the poster/creators for the number of likes/comments they received. The administrator makes a small percentage of the transaction fee.
[button content=”View Demo” color=”teal” url=”http://selfllery.com” openin=”_blank”] [button content=”Download source code for free” color=”red” url=”https://github.com/SELFLLERY” openin=”_blank”]
[item title=”Why should you start a Blockchain powered Image sharing platform?“]
But are the aforementioned platforms evolving according to this huge increase in demand? These existing services have changed only a little in the recent years. Implementation of Blockchain technology into such non-expanding areas will help explore new possibilities and features which will restore innovation to this market.
There aren’t many ways for budding or professional photographers to sell their digital work and earn money. Despite services like Shutterstock which provides a stage to showcase works of photographers and designers, it still is not a finite solution. Because these services impose stringent requirements on sellers which forces artists to oblige to such conditions and produce a huge collection of works in order to match the potential buyer’s requisites.
Some of the advantages are –
- Allows sellers to set pricing for their works
- Avoid long waiting times for verification and approval of their contents
- Avoid rejection of photographs, expose many contents to many buyers
- Eliminate delayed payments, using cryptocurrencies for immediate settlement
- Fight against fraud and forgery, certify content and safely store data or its metadata in ledgers that are immutable
- Avoid less innovative and highly controlling intermediate platforms and enjoy maximum benefit by using a peer-to-peer system[/item]
[item title=”How does a blockchain powered Image sharing platform make money?“]
- Selfllery is a blockchain based photo-sharing platform which rewards its users for posting, earning likes, engaging in contests, participating in games and many other activities on the network
- Selfllery implements the Ethereum smart contracts mechanism which induces immediate rewards to its users
- Selfllery aims at the population who spend most of their time on social media platforms and ensures to monetize such activities
- Every ‘like’ a user earns is converted to a native cryptocurrency called You token, and its value depends on the number of ‘likes’, comments, and views that the content receives
- Advertisers and Companies can use this platform to advertise their content and connect with bloggers through smart contracts for advertising on their profiles too[/item]
[item title=”What are the features of a Blockchain powered Image Sharing platform?“]
- Rewarding With the introduction of blockchain technology into the stagnated image-sharing industry will pay both buyers and sellers with rewards in the form of cryptocurrencies. Selfllery is a peer-to-peer photos sharing platform that rewards its users for every single activity in the network. A STEEM blockchain based platform for stock photography, SteemPhotos provides users the opportunity to reward and support artists whose works they liked. SocialX, a photo-sharing service that helps users to not just sell but also socialize works and earn extra points which are rewards like cryptocurrencies.
- Registering and Storing It helps store images in immutable ledgers and this way one can store images without having to worry about the contents getting tampered or removed, and this is one way of certifying the content and safeguarding its ownership. It also helps store metadata of works. KeeeX, Po.et are a few applications which use blockchain for such services.
- Purchasing Prints A few platforms allow its users to spend digital tokens on purchasing prints of the stored photos they liked. It also helps users to store photographs on the network.
- Theft Protection KodakOne welcomes photographers to register and store their photographs on the blockchain internet. It then uses its technology called WebCrawlers to identify duplication or misuse of these photographs on the Web.
Blockchain powered image-sharing platforms are when technology meets social media. Photo-sharing on blockchain is a venture to attract the social media active users who are actually toddlers in cryptocurrencies and its underlying technology.
Traditional photo-sharing platforms involve a lot of technical complexities for both its operation and also to monetize the content. The blockchain is an answer to that complicated sharing.and lengthy processes of benefiting from creations that are worth sharing.[/item]
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
[accordion] [item title=”What is a Blockchain?“] The blockchain is a network of nodes (devices with an internet connection). It is a distributed and decentralized ledger technology which was re-introduced to support transactions of a digital asset called Bitcoin cryptocurrency. Now blockchain is used by many industries to implement their online businesses on a trust network like blockchain which keeps track of every single transaction and thus will eliminate redundancy, or duplication.[/item]
[item title=”What is Pinterest?“] Pinterest is an Image sharing platform/community, where people bookmark images or share it with the community which they find interesting. [/item][/accordion]