Layer 3 Blockchain Developer Job – Lead Blockchain Engineer [Remote]
Website usebraintrust BrainTrust
Braintrust is the new model for how work gets done. We connect organizations with top technical talent to complete strategic projects and drive innovation.
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C – see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote – Work from anywhere (TimeZone: EST | Partial overlap)
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80 – $110/hr.
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week – Long-term
Who You Are
You are a brilliant and ambitious builder who takes great pride in your work and invests actively in your team. You will be joining a seed-stage startup, so you must be able to roll-up your sleeves and get the work done while dreaming up long-term roadmaps. You also have:
- Deep expertise in blockchain fundamentals and security best practices. Our client will look for a track record that demonstrates your ability to architect, develop, and operationalize robust blockchain protocols and dApp services – as well as a general passion for the crypto space
- Aptitude for both autonomous work and building strong engineering culture at early-stage startups
- Understanding of tokenomics and governance design
- 3+ years’ experience recruiting and managing an engineering team. Experience doing this at an early-stage startup and/or rapid growth environment is highly desirable
- Other nice to haves:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or another field involving programming (e.g., mathematics, physics)
- Experience building/deploying production Rust-based smart contracts
What You Will Do
- Design, build, and optimize their blockchain, making critical recommendations and decisions on their protocol architecture, incentive structures, and infrastructure features
- Own the development of their blockchain features, nodes, and API & application ecosystem, which includes identifying and implementing the most appropriate programming languages and frameworks
- Develop the architectural framework to integrate across multiple blockchain technologies (such as wallets/Dapps, Layer 2 scaling solutions, decentralized storage) and traditional (web2) apps and operating systems
- Recruit and build a stellar web3 engineering team and shape the engineering culture of the company
- Contribute to their long-term technical and product strategy to fulfill their mission to rebuild public safety
Our client is tackling some extremely complex problems, which will put to good use your formidable skills and imagination in creating solutions that others have not seen before.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we’ll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.